One must study to master the seductive techniques of French women.
According to Helena Frith Powell, a Brit in Paris, not only do the frenchies have perfectly matching underwear, they are also very well read. These 10 were probably on their third grade reading lists.
1. Cheri, by Colette
2. Madame de, by Louise de Vilmorin
3. The Ravishing of Lol Stein, Marguerite Duras
4. Bonjour Tristesse, by Francoise Sagan
5. Madame Bovary, Flaubert
6. Emmanuelle, by Emmanuelle Arsan
7. Les Liasons Dangereuses, by Laclos
8. I wish someone were waiting for me somewhere, by Anna Gavalda
9. Cyrano de Bergerac, by Edmond de Rostand
10. The Delta of Venus, by Anais Lin
Make sure these get on your summer reading list… they will surely be in my beach bag, right next to the oversized sunglasses and Contrex water (all you non-french, Contrex is a special weight loss water they sell here). Ahhh, I can picture it now…